At Kablamo, “We Make with Heart and Mind”. You are a maker. You love to bring to life amazing product design to deliver exceptional outcomes. You are not faint hearted. In fact, you thrive in the face of challenge. You work hard but not so hard that you forget to celebrate success.
As a team member you are humble and selfless, but you are not afraid to voice your ideas and put them to the test. When faced with ambiguity and complexity, you think outside the box to provide solutions. You like exploring ideas and iterating on the path to success and you’re not afraid to embrace change.
As a craftsperson, you are obsessed with quality. Anything that can be automated - is. You understand the benefits of testing and well thought out solutions to ensure clients are left satisfied and wanting more.
From a career perspective, you have a demonstrated track record of working in cross functional agile teams to deliver complex technical projects at scale.
Our Developers work at the bleeding edge of what is possible. They are passionate about delivering high quality results through repeatable processes and development patterns. They can work seamlessly across the Full Stack, building rich and dynamic Front End code, and building robust and performant Back End APIs and services.
Our Developers are curious by nature and love exploring the latest technologies. They have no greater satisfaction than seeing our clients’ disbelief at the speed and quality with which their application has “popped” to life!
Required skills and experience:
● Min 5+ years developing complex web applications
● Exposure to AWS cloud services (or equivalent)
● Experience with CSS Modules or Styled Components
● Experience developing APIs with REST or GraphQL, JSON data manipulation, and cross-origin issues/solutions
● Experience with Git/Github including merging, rebasing and pull-request branch strategy
● Experience developing commercial applications and APIs
● Solid knowledge and experience in OOP, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection
● Interpersonal skills to collaborate within a cross-functional team
● Experience in consulting and leading discussions with enterprise customers
Desirable skills and experience:
● Exposure to open source technologies (DynamoDB / NoSQL) would be a bonus
● Experience working in a continuous integration environment eg. TeamCity
● Docker experience
● Experience building AI/ML applications
● Experience in supporting and coaching junior/mid level developers
● AWS Associate or Professional Level certification
Kablamo is a new generation of cloud technology vendor, working at the forefront of distributed, highly scaled application development. We work with many of Australia’s largest businesses, including media companies, banking and financial institutions and software companies. We are experts at the many disciplines required to develop new digital products which make end-to-end use of the cloud.
We help clients build bespoke cloud-based systems, and to implement the practices, knowledge and tools to do so time and again. We help our customers to build their competitive advantage by harnessing the power of technology to drive real change in their business and for their end customers.
We’re silo bursting, legacy busting, data liberators, who break down the walls keeping enterprises from their potential, delivering them the future they’ve been promised.
Kablamo is a proud equal opportunity employer. We acknowledge a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, enables for greater innovation and produces benefits including improved performance, improved employee happiness and wellbeing, and superior outcomes for our customers. We attribute our success to all our unique and charismatic Kablamites. Through our fortnightly back to base and our debate Thunderdome’s, we enable our Kablamites to provide feedback, share ideas, challenge the status quo and technically challenge each other constructively.
Our Kablamites are constantly looking to evolve professionally, so to support you on that journey, each Kablamite receives a professional development allowance along with paid time off to attend courses, conferences, and workshops. Other perks include; an online perks and rewards platform full of discounts and freebies, group birthday brekkies, an extra day of annual leave, blogging rewards, a paid parental leave policy and much much more!
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com addressing the criteria below. Please also include your best contact details.